At conferences and other events, I give bespoke talks and workshops on sustainability, economic justice, the global economic system and bringing about system change. These are for people, including entrepreneurs, who want to make their lives, businesses and communities sustainable and need a challenging, radical speaker and facilitator with wide corporate and public sector experience who has also worked and lived in a developing country. I help people design their events or conferences to make them more participative and effective. I also do some business school teaching.
- Getting Sustainability into the Lifeblood of Your Organization
- A New Agenda for Business Leaders in the 21st Century
- Undoing an Unsustainable Economic System
- Seeing the Opportunities in the Big Issues
- Creating a Culture that Liberates Spirit, Energy and Innovation
- Developing Strategic Leadership in the 21st Century
- Leading Transformation Successfully by Co-Creating Change
- Giving and Getting a Good Listening to - Co-Mentoring for Leadership Development
- The Importance of Diversity
- The Role of HRD in the 21st Century
I can also work with you and help you use and adapt Real Time Leadership Development and the Strategic Leadership Model to the unique needs of your organisation. See the Consulting Services section of our site for more information.
These are recent examples:
UK Robert Greenleaf Servant Leadership Conference, 31st October to 1st November 2007. Paper and workshop - Changing the System: the challenge for Servant-Leaders
- Kingston University’s Sustainability in Practice (SiP) International Conference from Global to Local, 6-7 September 2007 Workshop entitled It’s time we changed the system
- A participative launch event at Waterstone’s Bookshop, Berkhamsted, Wednesday, 27th September 2006. Similar events for a local school and community centre, the Sustainable Development Network and other organisations - Living system making sense of sustainability
- Middlesex University Business School Workshops: Leading with integrity, half day workshop with MBA Students; Facilitating Learning and Development Interventions Within Organisations: Making a difference a consultant’s perspective, half day workshop with Masters Students in HRD, focusing on both change within organizations and change in the world. Similar one day workshop - Change and Making it Happen: strategic aspects of learning and development for CIPD postgraduate diploma students
- Jamaica Customer Service Association, Annual Conference, 2004, Kingston, Jamaica, 10-11 November 2004. Workshop Releasing Energy and Creativity to Give Customer Service Excellence.
- Speaking Plainly - A New 21st Century Agenda for Corporate Leaders, half day, 18th August 2003, at Unilever House, talk and discussion, for a group of mentors of CEOs.
- The AMED Forum on Globalisation (with the World Development Movement and LSE ATTAC Society), 16th April, 2003 at the London School of Economics, attended by sixty people, all making a difference: authors, consultants, business people and activists, representing a wide diversity of issues and races.
- AMED, with Robert Greenleaf Servant Leadership Centre, Workshop - Leading Business Transformation a Partnership Approach 5th March, 2003, London, one day workshop with Bruce Nixon, Grahame Pitts and 18 participants: inputs, dialogue and experience of this holistic, whole system approach to leading, transforming and learning in organisations.
- AMED, with Robert Greenleaf Servant Leadership Centre, Masterclass - Developing Strategic Leadership - An Introduction to Real Time Leadership Development, 26th September 2002, London, one day workshop with Bruce Nixon, Grahame Pitts, Terry Gibson and 20 participants, inputs, dialogue and practical experience of this approach
- The Robert Greenleaf Servant Leadership Conference, Seeing the Opportunities in the Big Issues a positive approach to CSR. November 2001, London, short workshop.
- Masterclass, Global Forces The Big Issues - What companies and individuals can do, with Salford University Business School, for Masters Students at Salford and Edinburgh, one day event, March 2001; earlier Masterclasses on Transforming Organisations; Working with Empowerment; Coping with Change and Uncertainty.
- Liberating the Human Spirit in a Transforming World, Joint Book Launch with Harrison Owen, 31st October, 2000, at Piccadilly Waterstones, London. 140 people, in two shifts, participated in nine hours of multiple interactive participative events.